Subject Area: Basic Level Spare Parts Management Training
— Basic Level Access is Now Complimentary —
If you have already registered, CLICK HERE to access the content.
Our Basic Level includes access to collated articles and videos, that include how to:
Identify critical spare parts
Set ReOrder Points (ROP)
Set ReOrder Quantities (ROQ)
without significant data or confusing formulas.
For your convenience we have distilled the required information into ‘bite sized’ chunks.
Plus, we have identified what you need to learn so that you don’t have to work through lots of content that will not be relevant to achieving a basic level of know-how.
You can access the content to help with solving an ongoing problem or to learn new skills – or both!
Click here to Register
Content Summary: Basic Level Spare Parts Management Training
The Basic Level consists of two learning modules.
The choice is yours whether you read one article during your lunch break or study a whole module intensively.
1. Introduction to Spare Parts Inventory Management
4 lessons that cover:
- Why maintenance spare parts inventory is different from other types of inventory
- 5 common supply chain techniques that should not be used with maintenance spare parts inventory
- How maintenance, spare parts management, and procurement fit into the big picture
- The 5 key financial principles for spare parts management.
- How to identify and interpret the key financial reports associated with spare parts management
2. Critical Parts and Stock Level Decision Making
4 lessons that cover:
- How to decide whether or not to stock an item in inventory
- How to select spare parts for new capital equipment (First-Time-Buy)
- How to identify and manage critical spare parts
- How to determine the most appropriate re-order point (ROP)
- How to determine the most appropriate re-order quantity (ROQ)
This module also includes decision-making exercises to test your know-how.
* All content is provided in the modules online.
* This level does not give you access to our full library and other advisory features. If you are after more than the Basic Level then we suggest that you review our Mastery level membership.
Optional: Basics of Spare Parts Management Certificate
Have your skills and know-how formally recognized!
The are many benefits to achieving our optional Basics of Spare Parts Management Certificate.
Course code: SP01
Delivery method: Self-paced, online
When does this course start?: On demand
The Basics of Spare Parts Management Certificate provides a ‘success path’ from where you are now to where you want to be.
To qualify, you must successfully complete a quiz for each module of lessons.
Note: Online coaching and tutorial support is included with the optional certificate
Why Our Resources and Training?
Our resources and training are developed in response to specific ‘real world’ spare parts management issues and needs. Unlike most ‘spare parts management’ training they are not just a restatement of standard theory.
We focus on the unique features of managing spare parts inventory.
The techniques we teach have helped companies world-wide achieve results that were just not possible using standard inventory techniques.
But don’t just take our word for it, click here for testimonials and recommendations.
Who Is It For?
The Basic Level is for anyone that needs to understand the fundamental decision-making of spare parts management.
This includes people from: storeroom, spare parts management, supply chain, procurement, maintenance, planning, and finance.
Register: Basic Level Spare Parts Management Training
Registration for complimentary Basic Level access and spare parts management training has no pre-set time limit.
Basic Level Spare Parts Management Training: Online Coaching and Tutorial Support
Online coaching and tutorial support is included with the optional certificate but is NOT included with complimentary access.