Basic Level Access is Now Complimentary
Scroll down to register
If you have already registered, CLICK HERE to access the content.
Our Basic Level includes access to collated articles and videos, that include how to identify critical spare parts and how to set ReOrder Points (ROP) and ReOrder Quantities (ROQ) without significant data or confusing formulas.
For your convenience we have distilled the required information into ‘bite sized’ chunks.
Plus, we have identified what you need to learn so that you don’t have to work through lots of content that will not be relevant to achieving a basic level of know-how.
You can access the content to help with solving an ongoing problem or to learn new skills – or both!
The Basic Level consists of two learning modules.
The choice is yours whether you read one article during your lunch break or study a whole module intensively.
1. Introduction to Spare Parts Inventory Management
4 lessons that cover:
- Why maintenance spare parts inventory is different from other types of inventory
- 5 common supply chain techniques that should not be used with maintenance spare parts inventory
- How maintenance, spare parts management, and procurement fit into the big picture
- The 5 key financial principles for spare parts management.
- How to identify and interpret the key financial reports associated with spare parts management
2. Critical Parts and Stock Level Decision Making
4 lessons that cover:
- How to decide whether or not to stock an item in inventory
- How to select spare parts for new capital equipment (First-Time-Buy)
- How to identify and manage critical spare parts
- How to determine the most appropriate re-order point (ROP)
- How to determine the most appropriate re-order quantity (ROQ)
This module also includes decision-making exercises to test your know-how.
* All content is provided in the modules online.
* This level does not give you access to our full library and other advisory features. If you are after more than the Basic level then we suggest that you review our Mastery level membership.
Optional: Basics of Spare Parts Management Certificate
In addition to accessing the content there is an option of completing the Basics of Spare Parts Management Certificate.
To qualify, you must successfully complete a quiz for each module of lessons.
Course code: SP01
Delivery method: Self-paced, online
When does this course start?: On demand
The Basics of Spare Parts Management Certificate provides a ‘success path’ from where you are now to where you want to be.
Why Our Resources and Training?
Our resources and training are developed in response to specific ‘real world’ spare parts management issues and needs. Unlike most ‘spare parts management’ training they are not just a restatement of standard theory.
We focus on the unique features of managing spare parts inventory.
The techniques we teach have helped companies world-wide achieve results that were just not possible using standard inventory techniques.
But don’t just take our word for it, click here for testimonials and recommendations.
Who Is It For?
The Basic Level is for anyone that needs to understand the fundamental decision-making of spare parts management.
This includes people from: storeroom, spare parts management, supply chain, procurement, maintenance, planning, and finance.
Investment: Basic Level Access
Optional Investment: Basics of Spare Parts Management Certificate
Your investment for the Basics of Spare Parts Management Certificate is $249.00 per person
Online payment is accepted via credit card and PayPal.
In either case, we use PayPal to securely process your payment.
You do not need a PayPal account to use this service.
Basic Level Access
Registration for the complimentary Basic level has no pre-set time limit.
Basics of Spare Parts Management Certificate
You have 3 months from when you first register to study the content and complete the certificate quizzes.
As the certificate course is self-paced, you can work through the content at a pace that suits you.
The certificate structure means that you can work through the content in ‘bite-sized’ chunks. The choice is yours whether you read one article during your lunch break or study a whole module intensively.
Online Coaching and Tutorial Support
Online Coaching and Tutorial Support is available for those registered for the Certificate course.
This coaching and tutorial support is provided via our exclusive online coaching function.
Basics of Spare Parts Management Certificate Assessment
This certificate includes two online quizzes (one for each module). Successfully completing each leads to the award of our Basics of Spare Parts Management certificate. We set the ‘pass’ level for these quizzes at 80%.
Please note that the course certificate will be forwarded to your registered email address within 7 days of course completion.