The Spare Parts Management Certificate course is an online program that covers everything you need to know to ensure that you develop the skills, know-how, policies, and systems to minimize your spare parts investment while maximizing your spare parts availability.
The Spare Parts Management Certificate consists of six modules:
- Module 1: Inventory Management
- Module 2: Inventory Optimization
- Module 3: Policies and Procedures
- Module 4: Metrics and Reporting
- Module 5: Storeroom Management and Procurement
- Module 6: Implementation and Change Management
What you will learn
- How to proactively manage stock levels through pre-stocking analysis, joint planning, ensuring accuracy, and timely recognition and management of obsolescence.
- How to Identifying critical spare parts
- How to decide what to stock
- How to set the Re-Order Point
- How to set the Re-Order Quantity
- How to manage slow moving inventory
- How to manage repairable spares
- Best Practices for spare parts inventory management
- How to continuously optimize your spare parts stock levels based on real-world information, targeted reviews and the refinement of processes.
- How to ensure that you manage all aspects of your spare parts inventory using a comprehensive set of written and fully implemented policies and related procedures.
- How to develop the required policies
- How to utilize, and formally report, a set of standardized performance measures, the purpose of which is to drive improvement rather than ‘keeping score’.
- How to manage your storeroom effectively through controlling access, standardizing descriptions, applying visual management, controlling transactions, maintaining parts to be fit for use, and integrating with procurement.
- How to effectively and efficiently manage both the human and project management aspects of identifying, executing and implementing improvements.
Who is it for?
This course is designed for managers, storeroom personnel, procurement team members, planners, and maintenance personnel who want to develop a comprehensive understanding of the management of spare parts that are used for maintenance and operations support and/or who want recognition of their continuing professional development.
There is material here that you won’t find anywhere else. If you are involved in spare parts and materials for operations and maintenance you would be mad not to take advantage of this resource.
Spare Parts Management Specialist in Oil & Gas
Read the full testimonial here
This course can provide course credit towards the
Reliability and Maintainability Implementation Certificate
with the Reliability and Maintainability Center at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville.
Find out how.
We estimate that it will take approximately 32 hours of study to complete this material.
As with all our training, you can get coaching assistance via our exclusive online coaching.
Each module includes an online quiz. Successfully completing all of the online quizzes leads to the award of our Spare Parts Management Certificate.
As we use a unique membership model, the cost of completing this course is included as part of your SparePartsKnowHow.com membership.
Members CLICK HERE to access the course content