The Advanced Spare Parts Management Training Program equips you with the know-how and skills to effectively manage all aspects of spare parts inventory.
This program covers all of the issues faced during the spare parts inventory life-cycle.
Undertaking the Advanced Spare Parts Management Training Program will ensure that you develop the skills, know-how, policies, and systems to minimize your spare parts investment while maximizing your spare parts availability.
The Advanced Spare Parts Management Training Program consists of 8 modules:
- Module 1: Introduction to Spare Parts Inventory Management
- Module 2: Stock Level Decision Making
- Module 3: Spare Parts Inventory Optimization
- Module 4: Spare Parts Best Practices
- Module 5: Metrics, Reporting & Policies
- Module 6: The Storeroom: Introduction and Physical Management
- Module 7: The Storeroom: Procedural Management
- Module 8: Program Implementation
Please note that all course content is provided in the course modules online.
What You Will Learn
- How to proactively manage stock levels through pre-stocking analysis, joint planning, ensuring accuracy, and timely recognition and management of obsolescence.
- How to Identifying critical spare parts
- How to decide what to stock
- How to set the Re-Order Point
- How to set the Re-Order Quantity
- How to manage slow moving inventory
- How to manage repairable spares
- Best Practices for spare parts inventory management
- How to continuously optimize your spare parts stock levels based on real-world information, targeted reviews and the refinement of processes.
- How to ensure that you manage all aspects of your spare parts inventory using a comprehensive set of written and fully implemented policies and related procedures.
- How to develop spare parts inventory management policies
- How to utilize, and formally report, a set of standardized performance measures.
- How to manage your storeroom effectively through controlling access, standardizing descriptions, applying visual management, controlling transactions, maintaining parts to be fit for use, and integrating with procurement.
- How to effectively and efficiently manage both the human and project management aspects of identifying, executing and implementing improvements.
Who Is It For?
The Advanced Spare Parts Management Training Program is designed for those people engaged in the oversight of spare parts inventory management and decision-making. This includes managers, supervisors, storeroom personnel, procurement team leaders, planners, and maintenance personnel.
Completing the program will give you the confidence to develop a comprehensive approach for the management of spare parts throughout their entire life-cycle.
Please note that this program focusses on spare parts that are held in-house and used for maintenance and operations support.
This course can provide course credit towards the
Reliability and Maintainability Implementation Certificate
with the Reliability and Maintainability Center at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville.
Find out how.
Program Length and Time Commitment
The Advanced Spare Parts Management Training Program allows you to study at your own pace and you have up to 6 months to complete all the modules.
We recommend a minimum time commitment of 2 hours per week.
Studying at this rate will enable you to complete the training within the allocated time and leave some time for review.
Of course, if you have time, you can work through the content faster than that. The choice is yours.
Coaching and Tutorial Support
Online course-related coaching and tutorial support is provided via our exclusive online coaching function.
Each module includes an online quiz. Successfully completing all of the online quizzes leads to the award of our Advanced Spare Parts Management Certificate. We set the ‘pass’ level for these quizzes at 80%.
The Advanced Spare Parts Management Training Program Investment
Total investment in this program is $499.00
Payment is accepted via credit card and PayPal.
For other enrollment options please visit our How to Enroll page.
After you enrol CLICK HERE to access the course content