Topic Area: Online Boot Camp
Course Description and Details
This is an intensive, instructor led, 100% online, group or team training program that teaches participants the fundamentals of spare parts inventory management.
- Why spare parts are different to other types of inventories (and what this means to you)
- The standard inventory management techniques that just don’t work with spare parts inventory
- The difference between critical equipment and critical spare parts
- How to identify which critical spare parts you really need to stock (and which ones you don’t)
- How to set your Re-order Point (ROP) and Re-Order Quantity (ROQ) without expensive software, using techniques that can be applied by anyone at any time
- The six best practices that make a demonstrable difference to spare parts management results
- How to manage obsolete inventory and disposal
To download a copy of the Boot Camp Curriculum, please complete the form below and then check your email
I was really impressed with the material and content of the class. I learned a great deal and am working on applying that knowledge.
- The course involves 4 interactive live online sessions over 4 weeks.
- Each week there is a 90-minute, live on-line session with the course facilitator, Phillip Slater.
- Each weekly module consists of reading, videos, and exercises. The participants review this content before each weekly online session.
- The online session then acts as a tutorial to clarify understanding and answer questions.
- There is a 26 page workbook to guide students through the course that includes all the exercises. Expected ‘homework’ time averages at approximately 60-90 minutes per week.
- By adopting an interactive process, the boot camp also aims to help participants develop a personal action plan for execution in their businesses.
This course is delivered via the Spare Parts Training Academy.
I take this opportunity to thank you for this powerfully crafted course. The learning experience was profound.
Each student is provided with a 26 page workbook that:
- Will guide them through each module
- Provides the detail of the exercises
- Provides space for completing the exercises
- Provides space for recording the actions associated with their personal action plan.
The course is supported through access to specific content at SparePartsKnowHow.com.
Each participant will be provided with a unique log-in to access the online content at a time of their choosing
Online Group Discussion
Each week of the program includes an online session during which the highlights of the material is reviewed, the participants can engage in a discussion with other participants, and they can ask questions of the course facilitator.
Participants that attend all four sessions will receive a certificate acknowledging their participation.
Phillip’s ability to train people is extraordinary.
Phillip is not just a teacher; he is a mentor.
Phillip Slater is a spare parts inventory management specialist and the Founder of SparePartsKnowHow.com.
With more than 35 years’ experience Phillip has helped rebuild and reorganise MRO stores and spare parts management systems for asset-intensive organizations in 38 countries. While he is university qualified in both mechanical and maintenance engineering, Phillip’s greatest lessons in spare parts management came from his time working as a maintenance engineer and operations manager.
Phillip is the author of nine books, including Spare Parts Inventory Management, Smart Inventory Solutions, and The Optimization Trap. For more information on Phillip, please visit PhillipSlater.com.
Phillip Slater’s boot camp provided all of us with hands on experience in techniques and tools to use to consistently identify and better manage spare parts inventory.
Your entire team will benefit from this training.
This highly practical boot camp has been specifically developed for everyone whose job involves working with, managing, or using spare parts, no matter what industry you are in.
The content is appropriate for people across the spectrum of experience from those new to spare parts through to those with years (or even decades!) of experience.
This includes those engaged in spare parts management, maintenance and reliability, purchasing and procurement, supply chain, warehousing, materials planning, operations, and finance.
The course specifically focusses on MRO and spare parts that are held in support of equipment maintenance.
Please note: To to maximize the learning opportunity for each participant, attendee numbers will be strictly limited.
Phillip is a renowned subject matter expert in Spare Parts Inventory Management and has rich experience in a wide range of industries.
This training is designed to be an in-house, single company or closed group training program. This maximizes the opportunity for open conversation and participation.
Contact us to discuss how this Boot Camp can be run for your company.
There is no doubt that Phillip is the global spare parts guru.