Do you need approval from your boss before you can sign up for the training and resources at SparePartsKnowHow.com?
To help you win their support we have provided this template of an email for your boss.
Just cut and paste this note below and then modify the content to your specific needs.
Hi [Insert Your Boss’ Name Here],
As you know, our spare parts inventory is now more important than ever because of the effect it has on both operational and financial results.
However, in my opinion, the biggest issue we face with our spare parts is that the management techniques used for our other types of inventory don’t apply here. In fact, it is applying that thinking that has generated many of the problems that we face today.
At SparePartsKnowHow.com I have found a website with a range of courses and resources specifically aimed at solving spare parts inventory problems. Their content is highly regarded (they have won awards and worked with a couple of different US universities) and the people they train are from companies just like ours (I checked out their past client list).
By undertaking the training available at SparePartsKnowHow.com, I believe that I can develop my skills and have a bigger impact with our spare parts inventory, from both an operational and financial perspective.
My preference is to join their Full Access and Support program. Here’s a quick breakdown of what’s included:
- 24/7 access to hundreds of articles and videos relating to spare parts management.
- One-to-one advisory support – I can actually use their experts to answer our most pressing questions.
- Their top training course – it’s an Advanced Certificate. This course is endorsed by the University of Tennessee. To complete this I will need to pass a series of quizzes, they don’t just give this out for ‘showing up’.
- A best practice analysis framework that I can use to identify our strengths and weaknesses. From this I can work out the best way to deliver high-impact results.
- An online calculator that I can use to review the validity of day-to-day stock holding decisions. This will be both a time and money saver.
- Priority access to all of their ‘Ask the Expert’ sessions. This is where they bring in a subject matter expert each month – and they have had some really smart people covering a whole range of topics that we don’t normally get access to.
- Policy templates – we won’t need to ‘re-invent the wheel’ we can just use their templates and then modify them for us.
The investment for this is just $999.00 for a full year.
That is a bargain when compared to attending a conference or training event, plus there are no travel expenses. Given how much we spend on inventory I have no doubt that we will get a return on this investment many times over.
I respect that it is your decision and with your permission I’d like to sign up today.
Thanks for considering it.
[Insert Your Name Here]
Posted by: Phillip Slater