Do you need your boss to agree for you to get spare parts management training approval? Are you looking for a way to win their support?
To help we have provided here a template of an email for your boss.
Just cut and paste this note below and then modify the content to your specific needs.
Hi [Insert Your Boss’ Name Here],
As you know, our spare parts inventory is now more important than ever because of the effect it has on both operational and financial results.
However, in my opinion, the biggest issue we face with our spare parts is that the management techniques used for our other types of inventory don’t apply here. In fact, it is applying that thinking that has generated many of the problems that we face today.
At SparePartsKnowHow.com I have found a website with a range of resources specifically aimed at solving spare parts inventory problems. Their content is highly regarded (they have won awards and worked with a couple of different US universities) and the people they train are from companies just like ours (I checked out their past and current client list).
By undertaking the spare parts management training available at SparePartsKnowHow.com, I believe that I can develop my skills and have a bigger impact with our spare parts inventory, from both an operational and financial perspective.
Here’s a quick breakdown of what’s included:
- Their top training course – it’s an Advanced Certificate. This course is endorsed by the University of Tennessee. To complete this I will need to pass a series of quizzes, they don’t just give this out for ‘showing up’.
- Access to their online resource library – 24/7 access to +300 white papers, articles, videos and podcast files contained in their exclusive ‘Know-How Center’ and structured in an easy-to-find system that replicates the spare parts management life cycle.
- Access to their searchable blog archive containing a further +300 posts of articles and videos, with new content being posted regularly. This is sorted by category, making it easy to find articles of interest.
- Training support – if I have a question about anything relating to the application of the content then I can email them for support.
- Spare Parts Management Guides, including:
- Inventory Optimization Software Selection
- Procurement Outsourcing for MRO and Indirect Materials
- 40 Key Lessons for Spare Parts Inventory Management and Optimization
- Webinar Recordings, including:
- How to Select the Right Inventory Optimization Software
- Spare Parts Inventory Webinar: 7 Things Every Senior Manager Must Know
- Procurement Outsourcing of Indirect Materials
The investment for this is just US$1,990.00 for a full 12 months of access.
This, as you know, is much less than attending a 2-3 day conference or other spare parts management training event, plus there are no travel expenses. Given how much we spend on inventory I have no doubt that we will get a return on this investment many times over.
I understand and respect that you need to provide spare parts management training approval and with your permission I’d like to sign up today.
Thanks for considering it.
[Insert Your Name Here]
For more information on our spare parts management online training please visit our Pro Level page.
Posted by: Phillip Slater