Course code: SP02
Delivery method: Instructor-led, online
When does this course start?
This course is only available for group training.
Contact us to discuss your needs.
The self-paced Slow and Obsolete Spare Parts Management Training Course teaches you how to manage slow and obsolete inventory.
- provides you with a general understanding of spare parts inventory management
- teaches you how to determine the most appropriate stock holding level
- uses that information to help you address physical storeroom management and the management of slow and obsolete inventory (SLOBs)
This course includes 3 learning modules.
- Why maintenance spare parts inventory is different from other types of inventory
- 5 common supply chain techniques that should not be used with maintenance spare parts inventory
- How maintenance, spare parts management, and procurement fit into the big picture
- The 5 key financial principles for spare parts management
- How to identify and interpret the key financial reports associated with spare parts management
- How to decide whether or not to stock an item in inventory
- How to select spare parts for new capital equipment (first time buy)
- The right way to identify and manage critical spare parts
- How to determine the most appropriate re-order point (ROP)
- How to determine the most appropriate re-order quantity (ROQ)
- The issues and potential responses for managing slow moving inventory
- The difference between vendor-led and owner-led obsolescence and the implications of each
- How to develop an End-Of-Life (EOL) plan and calculate Last-Time-Buy requirements
- Managing spare parts disposal and how to pro-actively manage spare parts obsolescence and disposal
- The 7 different disposal options and the benefits of each
- The pros and cons of storeroom location decisions
- The physical issues of storeroom management, including layout, storage issues, labelling, and work flow
- Understand how to manage rotable and repairable spares
Introduction to Spare Parts Inventory Management (INT1)
Lesson 2: Collaboration
Lesson 3: Financial Considerations
Lesson 4: Key Consideration for Managing Your Inventory
Critical Parts and Stock Level Decision Making (SDM1)
Lesson 2: Critical Spare Parts
Lesson 3: Deciding What to Stock
Lesson 4: Deciding How Many to Stock
This module also includes decision-making exercises to test your know-how.
The Storeroom: Physical Management (SRM1)
Lesson 2: Physical Storeroom Management
Lesson 3: Obsolescence and Disposal
Please note that all course content is provided in the course modules online.
Who Is It For?
The Slow and Obsolete Spare Parts Management Training Course is for those people who are specifically interested in dealing with the issue of managing slow and obsolete inventory. This includes: storeroom, spare parts management, supply chain, procurement, maintenance, planning, and finance.
You have 3 months access to the course content.
During the course we conduct 3 x 90 minute online sessions to review each module.
The spacing of these sessions can be varied to suit your needs.
Coaching and Tutorial Support
Online course-related coaching and tutorial support is provided via our exclusive online coaching function.
Each module includes an online quiz. Successfully completing all four of the online quizzes leads to the award of our Slow and Obsolete Spare Parts Management Course certificate. We set the ‘pass’ level for these quizzes at 80%.
Please note that the course certificate will be forwarded to your registered email address within 7 days of course completion.
Investment in this instructor-led program on will be quoted on application.
The course includes the course access, instruction, and our policy templates.