Training Course Content
The Basics of Storeroom Management Training Course is for people whose main focus is storeroom management.
The training course provides a general understanding of spare parts inventory management and then teaches you how to determine the most appropriate stock holding level. The training course then focusses on both the physical and procedural aspects of storeroom management.
This course is based on modules 1, 2, 6, and 7 of our Advanced Spare Parts Management program.
Training Course Structure
The Basics of Storeroom Management Training Course consists of 4 modules from our Advanced Spare Parts Management program:
- Module 1: Introduction to Spare Parts Inventory Management
- Module 2: Stock Level Decision Making
- Module 6: The Storeroom: Introduction and Physical Management
- Module 7: The Storeroom: Procedural Management
Please note that all course content is provided in the course modules online.
What You Will Learn
- The pros and cons of storeroom location decisions.
- The physical issues of storeroom management, including layout, storage issues, labelling, and work flow.
- How to manage rotable and repairable spares.
- The issues and potential responses for managing slow moving inventory.
- The issues to address in developing a spare parts identification system.
- The pros and cons of spare parts standardization.
- How to improve results with high quality materials data.
- The difference between Accounting Accuracy and Storeroom Accuracy and why it matters.
- The factors that most directly affect spare parts inventory accuracy.
- How to plan for and execute the three phases for conducting a successful stock take.
- How to achieve a 100% accurate inventory.
- The practical application of bar codes
- The characteristics that differentiate spare parts inventory from other types of inventory.
- The 5 common supply chain techniques that should not be used with spare parts inventory.
- How spare parts management fits into the big picture of operations management.
- The 5 key financial principles for spare parts management.
- How to identify and interpret the key financial reports associated with spare parts management.
- The 7 questions that need to be asked before deciding whether or not to stock an item in inventory.
- How to determine the requirements for selecting and stocking spare parts for new capital equipment (first time buy).
- How to identify critical spare parts.
- How to determine appropriate re-order points (ROP) and re-order quantities (ROQ) – complete with exercises to test your know-how.
Plus, from our Advanced Spare Parts Management Training program:
Who is it for?
The Basics of Storeroom Management Training course is designed for those who work in or supervise the storeroom/warehouse activity. This course is developed for situations where the spare parts are held in-house and used for maintenance and operations support.
Training Course Length and Time Commitment
This course allows you to study at your own pace and you have up to 3 months to complete all the modules.
We recommend a minimum time commitment of 2.5 hours per week.
Studying at this rate will enable you to complete the training within the allocated time and leave some time for review.
Of course, if you have time, you can work through the content faster than that. The choice is yours.
Coaching and Tutorial Support
Online course-related coaching and tutorial support is provided via our exclusive online coaching function.
Training Course Assessment
Each module includes an online quiz. Successfully completing all four of the online quizzes leads to the award of our Basics of Storeroom Management Course certificate. We set the ‘pass’ level for these quizzes at 80%.
Please note that the course The Basics of Storeroom Management course certificate will be forwarded to your registered email address within 7 days of course completion.
Basics of Storeroom Management Training Course Investment
Total investment in this program is $249.00
Payment is accepted via credit card and PayPal.
For other enrollment options please visit our How to Enroll page.
Once you have enrolled, CLICK HERE to access the course content