Training Course Content
The Basics of Spare Parts Management training course provides you with a general understanding of spare parts inventory management and teaches you how to determine the most appropriate stock holding level. This course is based on modules 1 and 2 of our Advanced Spare Parts Management program.
Training Course Structure
The Basics of Spare Parts Management Training Course consists of 2 modules:
- Module 1: Introduction to Spare Parts Inventory Management
- Module 2: Stock Level Decision Making
These modules include:
7 white papers
Please note that all course content is provided in the course modules online.
What You Will Learn
- The characteristics that differentiate spare parts inventory from other types of inventory.
- The 5 common supply chain techniques that should not be used with spare parts inventory.
- How spare parts management fits into the big picture of operations management.
- The 5 key financial principles for spare parts management.
- How to identify and interpret the key financial reports associated with spare parts management.
- The 7 questions that need to be asked before deciding whether or not to stock an item in inventory.
- How to determine the requirements for selecting and stocking spare parts for new capital equipment (first time buy).
- How to identify critical spare parts.
- How to determine appropriate re-order points (ROP) and re-order quantities (ROQ) – complete with exercises to test your know-how.
Who is it for?
The Basics of Spare Parts Management training course is for the people engaged in the day-to-day operational decision-making and who don’t yet need the higher level tactical information in our Advanced program.
This course focusses on spare parts that are held in-house and used for maintenance and operations support.
Training Course Length and Time Commitment
This course allows you to study at your own pace and you have up to 3 months to complete all the modules.
We recommend a minimum time commitment of 2 hours per week.
Studying at this rate will enable you to complete the training within the allocated time and leave some time for review.
Of course, if you have time, you can work through the content faster than that. The choice is yours.
Online Coaching and Tutorial Support
Online course-related coaching and tutorial support is provided via our exclusive online coaching function.
Training Course Assessment
Each module includes an online quiz. Successfully completing each of the online quizzes leads to the award of our Basics of Spare Parts Management Course certificate. We set the ‘pass’ level for these quizzes at 80%.
Please note that the course certificate will be forwarded to your registered email address within 7 days of course completion.
The Basics of Spare Parts Management Training Course Investment
Total investment in this program is $149.00
Payment is accepted via credit card and PayPal.
For other enrollment options please visit our How to Enroll page.
Once you have enrolled, CLICK HERE to access the course content